Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Liturgy: 2002 Missale Romanum Study Edition

Sigh. It's times like this when I wish I were a seminarian...

Midwest Theological Forum has a "Study Edition" of the 2002 Missale Romanum (yes, that's the official Latin version) for $150. That's a bit much for me to spend on a book right now (the chapel-sized 1985 English Roman Missal -- a.k.a. Sacramentary -- cost $55), given some of the expenses I've accrued in the past month (a trip to the Metropolitan Opera this Friday with my wife, and a trip next Saturday to Philly with my wife to hear/see Carmina Burana). But perhaps later this year I'll suck it up and purchase it. It'd help me grok Latin, since I don't have a Latin Breviary, and I've got a book which teaches Latin for reading the Missal and Breviary!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!

The MTF productions are excellent. I have their hand Missal.