- "It's sad that he lied and made the choices he did but I say good riddens."
- "Yeah yeah, whatever.....just go..."
- "Well, I hate to say it, but the Protestant churches have been our trash receptacle for 400 years now. I'm grateful that the Church can remain pure in its teachings, even when men who claim to be of God are incapable of remaining pure... It's a shame for the good and solid Christians in the Protestant churches, that they have to take our weakest members and we get their strongest as converts, but there it is."
- "Who else walked out on the Last Supper?....I am not impressed"
- "Well good ridden! The Church has purified itself of 1 less bad apple."
This is an issue about more than just clerical celibacy. Obedience, celibacy, chastity, scandal... there's a lot going on here.
More about this morning.