Tuesday, July 01, 2008

July Magisterial Documents

I'm going to start a habit of, on the first of each month (or as close to that date as possible), reporting the Magisterial documents I've read (or will be reading) that were published in that month, identifying any milestone anniversaries (1, 5, 10, 15, 20, etc.).

In the month of July:
  • July 1, 2002 - Curial Letter "On kneeling for Communion", Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments
  • July 2, 1988 - Motu Proprio Ecclesia Dei, Pope John Paul II (Establishing the Ecclesia Dei Commission) [20 years]
  • July 4, 1997 - "Norms For the Translation of Biblical Texts for Use in the Liturgy", Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
  • July 6, 1982 - "Joint Statement On the Mystery of the Church and the Eucharist in the Light of the Mystery of the Holy Trinity", Secretariat for Christian Unity [now the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity] (Statement made with the Orthodox Church)
  • July 7, 2007 - Apostolic Letter Summorum Pontificum, Pope Benedict XVI (On the Roman Liturgy Prior to the Reform of 1970) [1 year]
  • July 22, 1998 - Apostolic Letter Apostolos Suos, Pope John Paul II (On the Theological and Juridical Nature of Episcopal Conferences) [10 years]

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I really admire you! Gosh, I wish I had the organizational skills and time and energy to do what you do.

Jeffrey Pinyan said...

I've got a spreadsheet with date of publication (broken down into year, month, and day, for sorting), name, author (original and current -- because names of Congregations can change), topic, and themes (keywords).

I should make it a database, but I don't want to end up with my own local copy of gcatholic.com!