Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Personal: Brief interlude

I'm home for three days... and then it's off to Kalamazoo, Michigan, with my wife (via Philadelphia International Airport) for the International Congress on Medieval Studies!

I'm attending the following sessions and events:
  • Thursday
    • 10:00 AM - Jewish-Christian Studies I: Sabbath in Time and Eternity
    • 1:30 PM - J.K. Rowling's Medievalism I
    • 3:30 PM - J.K. Rowling's Medievalism II
    • 5:20 PM - Vespers
    • 7:30 PM - Chant within and beyond the Middle Ages (with Prof. Mahrt from the Church Music Association of America)
  • Friday
    • 10:00 AM - Trinitarian Theology
    • 1:30 PM - The Children of Húrin (A Roundtable)
    • 3:30 PM - Style and Re/Vision in Tolkien
    • 5:20 PM - Vespers
    • 7:00 PM - Tolkien Unbound: Readers' Theater Performance
  • Saturday
    • 10:00 AM - Religions and Philosophies in Tolkien
    • 1:30 PM - Tolkien's Monsters
    • 3:30 PM - Reading John's Apocalypse in the Middle Ages
    • 5:20 PM - Vespers
    • 10:00 PM - Dance
  • Sunday
    • 7:00 AM - Mass (Pentecost)

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I am terribly jealous right now. Have a great conference!

preacherman said...

I hope you have a great time!
You are in my prayers.
May God bless all you do.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry