Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Tools offline

Update:  The tools are back online at http://www.catholiccrossreference.com/

For the past two weeks or so, my Catechism, Lectionary, and Document search tools have been offline.  This is a server problem which is outside of my control.  The administrator of the web server which hosts my programs is attempting to resolve the issue.


The technical details:  the web server did not restart after a power outage and is not booting up completely.  The hard disk is expected to be recoverable (meaning my code is not lost), but I do not have a time-table for this.


I've received a few emails about this and have responded individually, but this is the most convenient way for me to get this information across to my readers and those who use the programs.  When a solution has been found, I'll announce it here.


One possible solution was provided by a generous reader who offered free server hosting for the tool.  I may very well take him up on this offer.  Any recommendations for a good domain name for a web site hosting Catechism, Lectionary, and Church Document search tools?  Memorable and easy-to-type are good qualities to aim for...

1 comment:

John said...

Thanks for the information.

I am using your tools for a Bible study and thought I must have lost my mind when none of the links worked and I received [what seemed to me -- a novice] to be odd notices.


CatholicCrossReference.com

ccrad.com
[for Catholic Cross References and Documents]

CatholicOnlineResearch.com
CatholicBibleTools.com
CatholicReferenceTools.com
CatholicStudyTools.com
CatholicSources.com
CatholicReferenceMaterials.com
ReadCatholicTeachings.com
WhatFaithfulCatholicsKnow.com

were domain names that were available when I checked today and are the type of names/topics I was looking for when I first found your tools site.

Please let also let me know if the offer of space does not work out.