Thursday, February 12, 2009

Suffering with the flu

No, this is not going to be a deeply spiritual post about how to unite our suffering from physical illnesses with the suffering of Christ during his Passion. I don't have the energy for that because, as the post title indicates, I'm suffering with the flu. I've had it since Tuesday morning. I didn't go to work yesterday or today (although I'm trying to get work done from home). My adorable wife (who seems to have avoided catching it) doesn't have class on Wednesday or Thursday, so thankfully she's been around to help me out.

I can't talk without coughing. My eyes hurt. I've had a fever of 100.6 (although today it's under 100). My nose is runny. My body is achy. I hope I'm not coughing on Saturday, since I'm giving an announcement at the end of a Mass about Bible studies, and then my wife and I are going to see a play, and I'd really hate to be that guy who's coughing and gets everyone else sick.

A short prayer for my recovery would be greatly appreciated, but please also pray for the people who are suffering far worse than I am.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Hope you are feeling better. I just got to this post this Sunday morning. Praying here.