Thursday, February 15, 2007

Special Event: Fr. Cantalamessa at Seton Hall

Fr. Raniero Cantalamessa, Preacher to the Papal HouseholdOn Ash Wednesday, Fr. Raniero Cantalamessa, the Preacher to the Papal Household, will be at Seton Hall leading an "Evening of Spiritual Renewal". I'll be there, along with a couple people from my parish (one is currently in RCIA, the other is her husband who will be receiving confirmation) and a handful of people from the retreat I was on last month.

You can be sure I will have a notebook on hand and will be taking notes meticulously. I might even try to have an audio recorder with me. As my brother Charlie said, he's the preacher to the Pope -- he's got to be good. And indeed, he is. His web site has several of his homilies and talks, and zenit.org posts many of them as well.

Just what the plan for the evening is, I don't know; this much I know: it will be Ash Wednesday, the start of the liturgical season of Lent, during which we prepare ourselves physically and spiritually for the commemoration of the Passion, Crucifixion, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. That alone should set the tone for Fr. Cantalamessa's talk Wednesday night.

No comments: