Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What are you praying for?

I need to organize my prayer intentions. I have a litany I pray at every Mass -- Kristin, Jonathan, Fr. Charlie, Fr. Tom, Fr. Viego, Fr. Bob, the Pope, Cardinal Arinze, people in RCIA, etc. -- but I am strongly considering keeping a blog post here with all of them so that I don't forget, and so that, at least once a week, I can pray distinctly for each one of them.

I'm currently praying a Rosary novena for the election. After that, I'm going to try praying daily in reparation for the sexual sins scandalizing the Church and for the victims of that scandal. I also have a boatload of charitable organizations which I should be praying for on a regular basis.

It makes me envious of the monastic lifestyle. How on earth will I find time to pray for everything I need to pray for?

What do you pray for? And where do you find the time?

2 comments:

Ousizch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gretchen said...

A long list, which I don't always get to, but here goes: All Family (living, dead, faithful, unfaithful, etc.), pets, anyone who asks for prayer (friends, online, requests that come through email), my parish and all parishioners, world events (especially now the election, abortion), our parish priests (and all clergy and religious). This is pretty much my daily thing. I also try to say a daily prayer for all those who I have forgotten to pray for, or those who may need my prayers that I don't know about.

I try to pray in the morning and evening at the least, and then as needed or prompted during the day. Also, I attend daily mass as much as I can--that helps a huge amount. And on Saturdays I regularly attend a Rosary/Divine Mercy Chaplet group. Lots of good prayers and intentions go on there, too.

Since becoming a Catholic, I think I've prayed more than I've ever prayed in my entire life.