Sunday, July 04, 2010

Pilgrimage-Vacation Day 1: Allentown to Cincinnati (Morning)

Today I am driving from Allentown, PA to Cincinnati, OH.  Ordinarily, I would take the PA Turnpike, but I've driven that way numerous times recently.  So instead, I'm opting for a longer drive with newer scenery and fewer tolls, dipping south into Maryland and West Virginia.  I'll stop at a few scenic overlooks.  Another post tonight will showcase my photos.

Here is a "Driver's Prayer" I found from the Sacred Heart Auto League:
God our Father,
you led Abraham from his home
and guarded him in all of his travels.
Be with us now as we travel
and guard us every mile of our journey.
Help us to be attentive, cautious,
and concerned about our fellow travelers.
Make our highways safe
and keep us from all danger.

Sacred Heart of Jesus,
guide us to our destination
and help us to drive prayerfully and carefully.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
Amen.

No comments: