Saturday, September 05, 2009

My grand scheme of book-writing

So I'm about to have my first book in print.  (It might be a couple of days later than September 10th, since there might be a glitch in the cover of my book.  I'll know when the proof copy arrives.)  But I don't plan on stopping with one book.  I have five books in mind.  Here's what they are:
  1. Praying the Mass: The Prayers of the People.  This is the first of a two-volume series on the new English translation of the Mass.  It covers the parts of the Mass that the congregation says.
  2. Praying the Mass: The Prayers of the Priest.  This is the second volume.  It covers the parts of the Mass that the priest says.  It will also include a chapter on vestments and the vesting prayers, and an appendix on liturgical colors.
  3. The Mass and the Mission of the Church: Witnesses in Jerusalem and to the ends of the Earth.  This book looks at the missionary nature of the Church and how the liturgy expresses that nature and impresses it upon the faithful.  The cover (which I've already designed) is available below.
  4. Priest, Prophet, King: Participation in Christ.  This book will look at the three offices of Christ and how the Church participates in those offices, in her ordained ministers, religious members, and lay faithful.  The primary purpose of this book will be to demonstrate that the teaching of Vatican II and the modern Catechism does not contradict the Church's traditional understanding.  That is, the book is meant to show the continuity of Vatican II with the rest of the Church's history.  The cover (which I've already designed) is available below.
  5. O Come, Let Us Adore Him.  This will be the book form of my presentation on Eucharistic Adoration.  It will be longer and contain more reflections, Scripture, and prayers than my presentation.
And this is what I think the covers to books #3 and #4 will look like:

No comments: