Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bible Study: New topic for Easter

The Young Adult Bible Study at St. David the King will be choosing a new topic for the Easter season. I'm leaning heavily towards the New Testament, especially the Gospels. Here are a few topics that have come to mind:
  • Next Sunday's Gospel
  • The Parables of Jesus
  • The Sermon on the Mount (especially the Beatitudes)
We only have seven weeks (and I won't be here for for the last one) before Pentecost, and I don't know if we'll continue immediately afterwards or take a break. If we do take a break, I'm not sure starting something (potentially) long-term like the Sermon would be a smart choice. What would you suggest?

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

If I had my druthers, it would be the parables. Simply because the immortal wisdom of them is so engaging to younger people, as well as the young at heart. They point to the masterful art of teaching, don't they?

preacherman said...

I am preaching on "Good News from the Tomb!" It was great news that morning on the first day of the week to hear the angels proclaim, "He is not here, he has risen!"
I hope you have a blessed Easter.