Friday, September 07, 2007

Prayer: First Friday Fast (September 2007)

I'm following Cathy of Alex's lead... I'm going to start fasting with prayer intentions on the First Friday of each month. I'm not entirely sure what the... "instructions" are. Mass was in the morning (and I didn't go -- I've only been attending Tuesday morning's weekday Mass).

Today, I plan on spending my lunch break in front of the Blessed Sacrament, and meditating on the following intentions throughout my day:
  • Solidarity with the Dallas bloggers for an end to abortion
  • My parish's pastoral council (of which I am a member)
  • An increase in vocations to the priesthood and religious life
  • The Pope's two intentions for this month
  • Thanksgiving for my marriage, our apartment, my wife's PhD studies, and my "new" job
  • A private intention
Time for some water.

No comments: